Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reflection 2009

2009 is gone and we're in the second day of 2010. We rang in the New Year in perfect fashion.(other than Hannah and I having a bad cold) My guys, the girlfriend, Dave, and myself had snacks, watched movies, and played Wii. It was great just hanging out and enjoying each other. 2009 was a year I won't soon forget. I can't really summarize the year into a couple of words. I think this was a year of learning to trust. It was also a year of realizing that I am not as independent as I think I am, and that it is o.k. I need people. Most of all I need God and can do nothing without Him.

A friend posted on her face book this scripture...The Lord says, "Do not remember the former things, or consider the things of old. I am about to do a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?" ~Isaiah 43:18-19 (NRSV)

I'm so ready for a new thing. I'm ready God! Our family is ready!

Oh, how I hope that part of that new thing is a way to manage Hannah's seizures or stop them altogether! I also hope that we find ways to boost her development and enhance her quality of life!

I hope David's career goals are met and that as a family we find the perfect home and community to be part of as we relocate. I hope Kyle decides on a educational path that he feels confident in and will enhance his wonderful talents.

I hope we reconnect with old friends and make new friends. And I hope that all our friends and family enjoy health, faith, wealth, and abundant joy.

Even if none of those things are in His new thing...my hope is renewed and in HIM I trust!

God Bless you in 2010! Let's begin 2010 with a GRIN! :)

No comments: