Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

Wow! What a range of emtoions this holiday brought.

Hannah had a great holiday for once. She had a few moments but they quickly passed and I think she had a great time seeing cousins, aunts and uncles. It was interesting to hear the comments from people that haven't seen her in a while how much she has changed, especially socially. She's going through a streaking stage, and I had hoped we'd get through Thanksgiving without a streak but we didn't. LOL! We're all in the livingroom and Hannah comes in topless. I had to be thankful that it was just her top and not anything else. :) All in all I think she had a great time and for once she was well during the holiday! Thank you LORD!

I started my IV infusion treatments Thursday before last. They told me to take it easy and I thought I had been. Evidentally my easy and theirs are very different because I found myself very sick Wednesday after driving to my brother's from Hillsboro. I felt horrible. I barely made it through Wal-mart with my sister in law to get a few things we needed. I called the nurse and she felt like I was overdoing it and that I needed to take it easy. Thanksgiving day I was totally useless. I didn't do a thing. My poor sister in law did it all. Still I guess being up all day visiting, etc. was too much and on Friday I found myself feeling horrible again. I cried most of the drive home thinking I'd never feel good again. I haven't done a single thing since being home trying to get in as much rest as I could to see if it makes a difference. If I'm not feeling better by tomorrow I'm calling doctor back. I have to take care of my family.

David went to visit Billie's grave while we were in town. I didn't get to go. It really bummed me out. I miss her so much and it's not easier. I really have a new appreciation for people who have lost someone they are so close to. She loved the holiday's. We were laughing the other day because I threw out our Christmas tree last year and she was one to not throw something out until you had a replacement. She'd be giving me an earful about now. LOL! I know she's having the ultimate Christmas celebration today and I have to be happy for her.

In the midst of all of those things we got amazing news yesterday. I'm not free to share it right now but it was news David and I could use and has relieved some of the heaviness David and I have been feeling. We have been visited by angels lately. Help with food and gas money for travel. Hannah had a friend pass on her Strawberry shortcake stuff and someone gave her a basket of goodies too the other day. She's been in hog heaven! I'm just so thankful. I hope eveyone had a great Thanksgiving and you enjoy the holiday festvities leading up to Christmas. Thank you so much for your prayers and support. Please continue to pray for Hannah's health and pray that these treatments will work for me and I won't have to do more than the minimum.

Happy Belated Thanksgiving! Love you all!

No comments: