Monday, September 22, 2008

Today was good....

I took Hannah to the doctor this morning and she checked out o.k. She gave me a name to a geneticist and I made appointments with them and an allergist/immunologist today. Those appointments are in October. Dr. Beyer asked Hannah if she wanted to go to school and Hannah said, "I like school" so she went on to school and from what I was told she had a good day.

David and I attended Central Baptist last night with Hannah. They took up a special offering for her to help with the travel expenses we'll have going to Ohio in March. It's been incredible how these people have reached out to us. They've really helped take a load off us with the help they've given. These people are amazing. I'm so thankful that we've gotten the opportunity to get to know them.

People are reaching out to help in ways I never imagined. It seems like every week someone emails me or drops by with a helping hand. They will never know what they do for our spirits. It is so hard some days to just keep your chin up. Yesterday there was a hymn sung about heaven and it's an upbeat, uplifting song. I stood with tears in my eyes. I don't want to lose my girl, and for a moment I almost panicked as I tried to think of someone on the other side that would care for her if God were to take her. I know that's dark, but you can't help but think about things like that when you've been faced with the situations we have lately. It sneaks up on you when you least expect it. You hold on and you present a tough front, but out of the blue when your guard is down, things like that sneak in. My panic eased though as I allowed myself to think about the fact that there will be no more pain, sickness, fear, or sorrow there. I don't want to lose my girl. I don't want to lose any of my loved ones, but I don't have to fear for them. Their Father will be there and He loves them more than I ever could. Sometimes you just have to let yourself think through these things so you can remind yourself of the awesome truth that everything is going to be o.k. No matter what.

Sorry for the ramble. LOL! Sometimes I just let my fingers go and Lord only knows what they type. Please continue to pray for Hannah.

No comments: