Thursday, April 8, 2010

Connections article about Hannah

I think my ability to write died with my girl. Not that I was ever any good at it anyway but my inspiration was her. Life without her is hard. I miss her every minute of every day and long to have her here.

It helps to know that people haven't forgotten her and that they still find inspiration in knowing her. Our community school newsletter/paper featured her in an article. It was really sweet. Has a picture of her teachers and classmates in front of a picture of Hannah. It said she didn't speak though and that's inccorect. She did, she just didn't carry on typical conversations. Still the article is beautiful and I'm so excited that they honored her in this way.

Little Girl's Love for Life Brought Joy to All

Every once in a while you meet a person who truly changes your life. Hannah Chapman was one of those people.

Hillsboro ISD lost a very special daughter, granddaughter, student and friend on Jan. 17, 2010 when Hannah Gabrielle Chapman breathed her last breath at the tender age of eight years old. She was diagnosed with epilepsy and autism, among other medical conditions.

Hannah loved life and people. She was an encouragment to everyone she met- even though she couldn't speak - because her enthusiasm for life was infectious. She was loved dearly by the teachers, who said she was like a little teacher herself, keeping her fellow classmates in line with the classroom routine.

Among her favorite things in this world were school, music, church and her service dog, Koolio. Her favorite song was "I'll Fly Away" and her favorite food was a toss up between pizza and chicken.

We'll miss you, Hannah. Our lives are richer because of you.


I'm so glad I shared my girl with the world! Please continue to pray for us. We need it!

2 comments:

Sally G said...

Marcey, You are loved. And prayed for.

Sally

Unknown said...

I am praying for you! I've gotten connnected with 4 Paws for Ability through a friend. I saw Hannah's story and had to see your blog. I've had to say goodbye to my parents and a brother - but a child - I can't imagine. My heart aches for you!!
Keeping you and your family (and Koolio) covered in prayer.
Amy