Monday, March 9, 2009

Met some of the other 4paws families

Tonight 4 of the families that are staying at Homewood met up in the dining area of the hotel and had dinner and just sat around and talked. Hannah did prettty good. It took her a few minutes but she warmed up to the other kids and was crying when we went back to the room. She wasn't through playing. David and I took her to Wal-mart to buy some juice and that made her happy. It was alot of fun meeting the other parents and their kids. Dale is so polite and Kira and aley were sweethearts. I didn't get to spend much time with Aley but Kira played with Hannah quite a bit with Dale. I'm sure they'll all have so much fun together tomorrow. I am excited about all that I'm bound to learn this week from the others. All of us have kids with special needs of some kind and it was rather relaxing to just be around people that "got it". Can't wait to meet the other seven families in the morning.

Hannah is still coughing something awful. She hasn't run any fever and isn't completely cranky but she isn't 100% which has me bummed. Don't get me wrong. I'm thankful things aren't worse than they are but I'd rather her feel good and not be feeling yucky. :<(

Tomorrow around 10 we'll all be sitting awaiting the introduction to our dogs. I can't wait to see all the kids faces and I am really anticipating Hannah's reaction. I don't think she's fully grasped the idea that this doggie will be hers and it will be with her all the time.

I'll post tomorrow evening before we go to bed.

No comments: