Saturday, February 21, 2009

A rough day....

Today we we got to go to the funeral home and see Billie privately. We took Hannah but she wouldn't even look at the casket. She threw herself in the floor and began melting down. I only got to stay a couple minutes and then I left David and the boys to have some time with Billie in peace. I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow with family night and the funeral. I just don't think Hannah can handle it. It's so hard to find anyone comfortable enough to stay with Hannah for any length of time.

Billie looked good. David, Aunt Shirly and Sissy did an awesome job of picking out and making the arrangements. She didn't have on her glasses and the boys wanted her to have them. I called Sissy and they brought them up when they came. I'm really missing Billie so bad. She was my mil but we became really good pals. We fussed and she got aggrevated at me but those times were so minimal. She and I watched shows together every week. We hung out. Even in the last couple of years when she couldn't go or didn't feel like going anywhere, every payday, hers or ours, we'd splurge and buy us some KFC for lunch and hang out in her room eating our lunch and watching a show or talking. The hardest thing that I've ever done was letting her go to rehab in Denison. I cried for days over it. Looking back I'm glad she did go to Denison simply because so many people got to see her that would have never gotten that opportunity had she not. They all needed to see her and she needed to see them. Still I miss her like crazy and I have been for weeks.

The next couple of days will be a whirlwind. Hannah seems to be over whatever was going on medically for now. SHe hasn't run anymore fever. Please continue to keep her in your prayers. Thank you for all the support and prayers. We feel them.

You can view Billie's obituary at this address. We're going to add pictures asap but they are all on my home pc. http://johnsonmoorefuneralhome.net/obituaries.htm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David and Marcey and kids,
Words cannot express how very sorry I am for you loss. I cannot imagine how difficult this must be for you all. You are all in our prayers. Please let me know if there is anything that we can do to help in any way.
Rachael