Saturday, February 21, 2009

Today's stuff...

Hannah had a good afternoon yesterday. She slept until around 2:30 and then got up and started playing, talking, and wanting to eat. We were relieved.

We're taking the dress that Billie will wear for the funeral to the funeral home this morning and they are supposed to call when she is ready. David and I will take the boys and Hannah up to see her privately today. We are worried about Hannah's reaction. It's so hard to know what to do where she is concerned. I think I'm going to see if I can't get someone to sit with her in the nursery during the funeral. I just don't think she'll handle all the mourning very well. The graveside may not be as bad because the casket will be closed. I don't know. SIGH!

I made a trip back to Hillsboro last night to get a couple of things. I was crying one minute and laughing the next as I searched for a paper that was supposd to tell us exactly what she wanted at her funeral. First I had to crop a picture to send to the funeral home for the program. Then I started my search. The first thing I came across was a letter to Hannah with some nudy pictures of her in the bathtub and it was telling her that no one saw them but her, and her mom and daddy but she wanted her to have them. LOL! I then didn't find what I needed so I reached up into a box in the top of her closet and on the top it said, "David, do not let Marcey throw this stuff away before you go through it. You, the boys and even Hannah may want some of it. Love, Mom" I died laughing. It was SO Billie! One of the most touching things though was every piece of paper that I had given her that said, "I love you" or "I love you bunches" that I ever gave her she had kept. It seems that my love was more important than I could have ever dreamed it was. I certainly did love Billie.

I will keep everyone updated as much as I can. We will still get our matches on Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marcey,
You are all in my prayers.

Love,
Sally