Thursday, February 26, 2009

For Hannah's Room....

Before David returned to work, he went to work on his mom's room. He thought the best thing to do was to make it Hannah's room and to do it asap. We didn't want a "tomb" in the houe and know Billie wouldn't have wanted that. It's been an interesting experience in that we've put most of her stuff in the closet with plans to go through it when we get back from Ohio, and set up the room for Hannah and Koolio. One thing we both wanted was some kind of memorial in there for Hannah. I found this picture which isn't the best picture of Billie but it captured the relationship between Hannah and nanna so well and printed it out. Hannah is in her lap and nanna is singing to her. I also added the Hero card Pastor Gilbert handed out at the funeral and the necklace that Billie had made for Hannah during one of her therapy sessions at the nursing home. I framed all of it and hung it over Hannah's bed. Here's some pictures. David hasnt' seen it yet. I thought I'd wait until he got home to show him. I've cried enough for both of us today while doing all this.





No comments: