Friday, January 23, 2009

Where is it?

Hannah is really started to attempt spontaneous conversation more and more. Over the weekend she would string random words together as in a sentence and look to us to respond. Of course the random words strung together didn't make sense but they were words none the less and an attempt to converse.

She's been going through this aggrevating stage where she does things just to get ya. Kyle was helping me watch her the other day when she started stripping. There is nothing that gets to these guys more than their sister stripping. LOL! Kyle put her clothes back on her and told her to stop it. She was laughing and he told her it wasn't funny. Her response to him was, "yes it is"! We were so excited!

Every night before she goes to bed she hands me her sensory toys and I set them on the shelf beside our bed. Usually first thing in the morning she grabs them before she does anything else. Yesterday afternoon she was looking for a certain one that I guess she thought was supposed to be on the shelf. She turned and looked at me and said, "where is it?" I was like, "where is what?" She said, "my thang. Where is it?" I was so excited. I grabbed her up and gave her a jillion kisses and high fives!

I know this all probably doesn't make a lick of sense to most of you, but to some of you, you understand exactly how huge all this is. It's just what we've needed in the midst of all that is going on! Every little bit of progress breeds hope! And hope is exciting!

No comments: