Wednesday, October 1, 2008

PICU Stay Again

Things are finally settling down some. Hannah woke us up at 5:30 a.m. seizing and by 8:30 a.m. we knew that the ones she was having wasn't going to stop. They were getting more frequent and longer in length. We went to Cooks where she went into status. They stabilized her and got the seizures controlled around 1. We are in PICU at Cook's. Right now they are keeping her sedated because she's on the vent and they don't want to remove it until her blood gases are better. At one point her fever was near 104 so they packed her in ice and was giving her meds to bring it down. It finally started coming down around 7:30. Right now it's nearly normal. They are going to keep her sedated and on the vent through the night and decide waht to do in the morning and see how she is responding. She has opened her eyes and looked at both David and I and responded to us. So, basically we're playing the waiting game again. Not sure what set this off this time. The guys had a mean stomach virus the last couple days and she could have come down with it. She did seem to have a touch of pneaumonia on one of her x-rays too. I know most of this probably makes little sense or sounds like a kindergartner telling it, I'm really close to brain dead. LOL! Forgive me. I'll keep this page update

1 comment:

shawna garvin said...

Hi there,
My friend Stephanie Stewart sent out a prayer request for your little girl and your family. I will be praying for you to have peace and pure joy in the midst of less thatn ideal circumstances. As well as God's healing touch on Hannah...Bless you,