Saturday, July 26, 2008

Another Seizure

We were awaken to a hollor and a seizure this morning around 8:30 a.m. It lasted about 4 minutes. I gave diastat at 3 minutes and she started coming out of it at 3 1/2 minutes. We called emt's at 3 minutes because I wasn't sure she was coming out of it. I couldn't chance another bout of 2 1/2 hour status. They arrived and took her on to the ER and she was checked out. She didn't have anymore while we were in ER. Everything checked out o.k. and we were allowed to come home. She's resting now on our bed with all of us diligently keeping watch.

The neuro decided to go ahead and go up on her lamictal today instead of waiting until tomorrow. So, today we took 12.5 mg's this morning and will take another 12.5 mg's tonight. She was very lathargic yesterday and I had a feeling things just weren't right.

Please continue to keep her in your prayers. This is so hard on her little body. Also, please pray for David, I, and the boys. We're all emotionally spent and David and I aren't sleeping well. We're exhausted.

No comments: