Saturday, May 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Hannah....


Today May 30th, is Hannah's birthday. Tomorrow we are taking her to the zoo. It will be her first time. Every time we've had plans to go, it either got too hot, or she got ill. I'm hoping she enjoys it. She got a radio flyer deluxe wagon for her birthday. She loves it!


This year has been an interesting one. We finally got a diagnosis of autism. Hannah's seizures returned in July. She also went to school full time. She loves school. We applied for her service dog in January and she was approved in February and her donation requirement was fully raised in April. We are slated to go get the dog and train with it March of '09. Hannah's getting more interested in the idea everyday and tells everyone she's going to get a "woof woof"!


Overall I think this has been a year of acceptance. I've been so wrapped up in getting answers that I have found it hard to enjoy the precious girl before me. When I do step back from all that, I experience pure joy. This child is really a gift. She smiles alot, she loves more, and she has taught me more about life in her short 7 years than I learned in the 30 before her. I can't imagine my life without her.


All I want is for this little angel to enjoy her life. I want her to be confident in who she is, and to know that she is loved to pieces.


To Hannah: I accept you, celebrate you, and love you, my precious Hannah! Happy Birthday! momma


Marcey

No comments: